Thanks for pledging! - Share this with your friends
Thank you for your pledge! We'll be in touch once the campaign meets its goal, and again when it closes, so you know we'll be charging your card.
Manawa: smart home sensor kit for community organisations
I want to embed this project somewhere
NZ $978 pledged
13 people pledged
29 days left
NZ $42,880 minimum target
Pledges will only be confirmed if the target is reached by: 20/09/2019 at 9:00 PM (NZST)Make a Pledge
Manawa: Smart Home Sensor Kit For Community Organisations
Project 2019-08-01 01:36:19 +1200
Whare Hauora has created Manawa: a smart home sensor kit and platform that measures the temperature and humidity of rooms in homes and tells you if your home is making your whānau sick.
We built Manawa specifically for whānau, so they gain insights into their health and wellbeing, via notifications and a dashboard.
Our Vision is an Aotearoa where your home doesn't make you sick. But for a lot of families, knowing that your home is making you sick and having the resources to upgrade your home or access health services or even purchasing a Manawa kit are near on impossible.
So Whare Hauora is running a Pledgeme campaign specifically for Community organisations that help families with housing upgrades like insulation installations or health services like respiratory illness prevention.
This way community organisations will
- be able to prioritise families with the greatest need
- be able to know the effect of home upgrades on a home and which upgrade to use next
- have reports that show the impact of their work by showing with aggregated data, the healthiness of the home or family before and after a home upgrade or health programme is implemented.
- reuse Manawa: smart home sensor kit in other homes, once the initial family has everything they need
The family will receive
- access to Manawa: smart home sensor kit without having to pay for it
- notifications that tell them if a room is making a family member sick and what to do about it (short term fix)
- access to specific and timely health and housing services BEFORE a problem occurs (long term fix)
Because it is not enough to put a Manawa: smart sensor kit in a home, we must be able to connect whānau to organisations that can support whānau to create a healthier home long term.
Noho ora mai,
Hey! Thanks for checking out this project.
We haven't made any updates yet, follow us if you want to be notified when we do.
2019-08-22 23:16:25 +1200
2019-08-22 09:48:02 +1200
2019-08-21 09:32:31 +1200
2019-08-19 15:52:45 +1200
"Go go go! I hope this campaign goes far and wide and continue to do the good work you do! "
2019-08-10 07:14:10 +1200
"Kia kaha Hiria!"
2019-08-05 20:37:39 +1200
2019-08-05 09:07:10 +1200
"Whare Hauora is so needed! My family all get asthma so we understand the importance of your mission. And you're an amazing team! "
2019-08-02 17:13:58 +1200
2019-08-02 14:21:36 +1200
2019-08-02 09:53:45 +1200
"Best of luck for this important mahi! Healthy homes for all"
2019-08-02 09:26:42 +1200
2019-08-01 22:42:28 +1200
2019-08-01 18:54:08 +1200
"I love your work!!"