Thanks for pledging! - Share this with your friends
Thank you for your pledge! We'll be in touch once the campaign meets its goal, and again when it closes, so you know we'll be charging your card.
ATAWHAI - Empowering youth to transform their own lives
I want to embed this project somewhere
NZ $21,975 pledged
224 people pledged
NZ $20,000 minimum target
Pledges will only be confirmed if the target is reached by: 30/09/2018 at 9:00 PM (NZDT)Make a Pledge
Atawhai Empowering Youth To Transform Their Own Lives
Project 2018-08-09 14:36:04 +1200
WHAT’S THE PROBLEM WE’RE TRYING SOLVE?
New Zealand has the highest teen suicide rate in the developed world and nearly 80% of Kiwis will suffer from a mental health condition throughout our lives.
WHAT’S OUR SOLUTION?
The Kindness Institute works to change that problem with stress management, mindfulness & yoga based programs for marginalised young people. We work with rangatahi in schools, those who’ve been kicked out of school and with criminal and sometimes anti-social behaviors.
We support individuals, organisations, workplaces & schools to overcome anxiety, fear and stress, and to integrate mindfulness in a busy life.
WHO ARE WE?
The Kindness Institute is a social enterprise and registered charity, with donations for programs funding work with marginalised youth so that everyone can participate in mindfulness & yoga. We work with youth in high school, primary school, youth who've been excluded from school and women in prison.
Founded and lead by Kristina Cavit, who was named a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit for services to youth and community, The Kindness Insitute also calls upon numerous amazing volunteers who generously give their time and skills to make everything hum.
WHAT WE’VE DONE SO FAR:
In our ATAWHAI (kindness) youth program, 100% of the rangatahi (youth) reported a reduction in stress. Rangatahi also report that the program has helped them to forgive others, improve their focus, communication, confidence, kindness, conflict resolution skills and their relationships with whanau, friends and the wider community.
Through our training the trainer model, youth teach mindfulness, yoga & stress management to their community. This has seen our work having a much wider impact and now in our third year, we look forward to growing our program.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. CONTRIBUTE with a simple donation or pledge for a specific reward. Easy! That money then goes directly towards the running of the ATAWHAI program. You will be directly helping our rangatahi learn skills to transform their own lives.
2. SHARE with one and all! Your voice is louder than you think, please share our campaign, any updates, videos or posts with everyone and anyone, it takes a village!
WHAT YOUR PLEDGE GOES TOWARDS:
· $7,000 goes towards paying our amazing youth mentors for our intensive ATAWHAI program, which runs for most of the year. Without them we cannot create deep connections with our rangatahi and the organisational elements are not possible.
· $7,000 will pay our awesome youth development worker to support our rangatahi throughout the year. This is a priceless resource for us as the whole programme revolves around our rangatahi and to have this qualified person on-hand is crucial to their development and success in making progress.
· $6,000 will be a crucial allocation that goes towards resources and running costs including, kai, petrol to get our rangatahi to and from course sessions, venue costs and various educational resources. All of these things are necessary for the programme to run smoothly.
Terrace Downs Resort
Cavit&Co Bed Linen
Zora Bell Boyd 'Ruby' Ring
Zora Bell Boyd 'Mother and Child' Ring
Zora Bell Boyd 'Luna Phoenix' Ring
Zora Bell Boyd 'Monkey Business' Pendant
Zora Bell Boyd 'Twig Shield' Pendant
Zora Bell Boyd 'Fern Shield' Pendant
Zora Bell Boyd 'Twig' Ring
Zoe and Morgan ‘You Are My Sunshine’ Necklace
Limited Edition Handmade Flower Bud Vase
Eco Store Gift Pack
Hero Sandwich House
Toothcrush Toothbrush Subscription
"World famous" t-shirt pledgers
17/10/2018 at 9:06 PM
Kia ora to our awesome "world famous" t-shirt pledgers
Please check your email inboxes (and spam folders!). We need your t-shirt size details.
Please click on the survey link in the email from us to fill out your sizing and delivery details.
The Kindness Institute team
01/10/2018 at 9:47 PM
THANK YOU! Thanks to you, we not only reached our $20k pledgeme target for our ATAWHAI youth program but exceeded it! We raised a total of $21,875! We couldn't have done this without your kindness and support.
We're working hard on processing all the amazing pledges. We’ll be in touch in the next 2 weeks with a time-frame on prizes and to confirm delivery addresses etc.
Thank you for directly helping our rangatahi learn skills to transform their own lives.
Kristina Cavit & The Kindness Institute whanau xx
2018-09-28 21:23:19 +1200
2018-09-28 21:23:17 +1200
2018-09-28 21:07:10 +1200
2018-09-28 21:01:36 +1200
2018-09-28 20:44:59 +1200
"Thanks for all your amazing mahi you guys! X Bonnie and James "
2018-09-28 20:02:14 +1200
2018-09-28 19:41:44 +1200
"Love your work!"
2018-09-28 19:28:09 +1200
2018-09-28 19:18:05 +1200
2018-09-28 18:54:28 +1200
2018-09-28 18:52:00 +1200
2018-09-28 18:42:35 +1200
2018-09-28 18:10:16 +1200
2018-09-28 18:05:56 +1200
2018-09-28 17:44:01 +1200
2018-09-28 17:33:31 +1200
2018-09-28 17:18:56 +1200
2018-09-28 17:06:05 +1200
2018-09-28 16:59:20 +1200
2018-09-28 16:18:44 +1200
2018-09-28 16:06:55 +1200
"<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 "
2018-09-28 15:56:53 +1200
"100% support this initiative! All the best x"
2018-09-28 15:47:40 +1200
"Good luck! "
2018-09-28 15:45:15 +1200
2018-09-28 14:28:23 +1200
2018-09-28 13:25:30 +1200
"Awesome initiative! "
2018-09-28 13:15:29 +1200
"Such a wonderful supportive way to help others. Thank you for all you are doing Krissy."
2018-09-28 13:09:39 +1200
"Love your work!"